F1 Driving Standing

Formula One Team Standing 2009
Sr. Driver Team Pts
1 Jenson Button Brawn 89
2 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 74
3 Rubens Barrichello Red Bull 72

F1 Bookmarking

Share/Save/Bookmark

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Live Malaysian GP | Hamilton and Mc Laren Excluded from Australian GP

Lewis Hamilton

It was really shocking to hear that Defending Champion Lewis Hamilton and Mc Laren Team have been Excluded from the classification of the race, the governing FIA stated.

Stewards had reopened their enquiry on Thursday after "new elements" emerged and summoned Hamilton to appear before them at the Sepang circuit.

Their verdict was that "Hamilton and McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on Sunday

McLaren said "McLaren Mercedes understands that the stewards made their decision on the basis of reviewing radio transmissions between the driver and the team.

he further added that he will accepts the stewards' decision and will not appeal."

"When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Lewis Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said at the time.

"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton had told Speed TV that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, but I mean . I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.

No comments: